Monday 18 March 2013

to market to market to find me a stall



I finally checked out the Herne Hill Farmers' Market  last Sunday and having used to frequent the Oval Farmers' Market at St Marks church on a Saturday ran by the same people, I knew I was going to be in for a treat.
I was really impressed with the size of it and thus satisfied that this will hopefully be the market cuvcuv can be attached to. I'm looking at a Farmers' Market as they have the right rudiments for selling a handmade product with an eco message.
Customers can get to know the brand, talk to me about the products and more importantly, it will be somewhere local, a location I can get to fairly easily.......on a bike with a trailer is the plan, yikes!


I could get there really early and have a snooze or even better, turn up the night before!!


It was so buzzy and bustling with people. Its not pretentious nor overly expensive. Theres some interesting foody bits....for me mainly cheese! I bought an extra mature cheddar from Greens of Glastonbury that tastes more like a comte, quite strong and stinky but yummy! 

And I splashed out and bought 2 different types from the Bath Soft Cheese Company A square shaped soft and squidgy White Cheese and a stinky Blue - exquisite!  Their packaging is rather cool and slightly unusual with a quirky font. All made from very very old recipes. I thoroughly recommend! Check out their website and find out where they will be this weekend to have a try!


Bumped into Mare of Natty Peeps - talented knitter and arty jeweller. I love her decoupage necklaces and hand knitted table mats and coasters. She had the most gorgeous cashmere mix summer dress in a blush pink that Cecilia would look the cutest in! 

There were quite a few craft, gift and homewares stalls that cuvcuv would sit happily next to. Wish it was sooner but will have to wait til August!

No comments:

Post a Comment